CBD. Are you seeing these three letters on a daily basis? On products ranging from lotion to lattes? Along with those letters, you have probably seen some enticing claims that CBD can relieve chronic pain, stress, anxiety and more. Is this new health craze real? Also, many wonder why these products often accompany labels with what looks like a marijuana leaf. Here are ten things that you need to know before buying our products...
1. CBD IS NOT MEDICAL MARIJUANA. CBD is short for cannabidiol which is found in the cannabis plant. The majority of CBD products sold today, and all products at Things CBD are made from hemp, which is a type of cannabis that is a cousin botanically to marijuana. CBD will not get you high - it does not contain enough THC (tetra-hydrocannabinol) which is the substance that does, and there is very little, if any in hemp.
2. SOME PEOPLE SWEAR BY IT. According to surveys by Consumer Reports, 26% of Americans have tried CBD, and the majority of those have said it helped with anxiety, sleep, and joint pain along with other issues.
3. IT WORKS ON THE BRAIN AND THROUGH-OUT THE BODY. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has described CBD as “neuroprotective,” meaning that it affects the nervous system including your brain. It interacts with receptors throughout your body, helping it to relax, fall asleep, and block pain signals.
4. IT HAS BEEN USED FOR CENTURIES. Ancient tablets have mentioned that CBD was used medicinally in Asia as early as 1800 BC! American medical journals from as early as the 1700’s cite hemp seeds and roots as treatments for incontinence and skin inflammation.
5. YOUR PET CAN BENEFIT. Things CBD sells a variety of products that can relieve hip & joint pain, anxiety, and seizures in cats, dogs & horses.
6. EVEN THE FDA IS GETTING ON BOARD! Last summer the FDA approved a drug containing CBD which has been shown to reduce severe, mostly untreatable epileptic seizures in children.
7. IT MIGHT TAKE TIME TO KICK IN. Vaping and liquid forms may provide fast relief for acute pain, but most CBD products take days or weeks to show any benefits. Do not think a product is not working, because you do not feel relief overnight.
8. CBD IS NON-ADDICTIVE. According to the World Health Organization, CBD is non-addictive.
9. CBD HAS NO KNOWN SERIOUS RISKS OR SIDE EFFECTS.
10. CBD IS NOT YET REGULATED BY THE FDA. This is one of the best reasons to buy from Things CBD! All of our products are hand selected - we only offer products from companies that certify quality and purity with lab-testing.