The Endocannabinoid System: 10 Things About Your ECS
- The Endocannabinoid System (ECS) is a biological system that’s in every human body. In fact, all mammals, fish, amphibians and most members of the animal world have an Endocannabinoid System.
- The main function of the Endocannabinoid System is to maintain biological harmony in response to environmental stressors. When a system in your body is operating outside of the proper range, your body activates the ECS to help correct it. Unfortunately, the ECS is very easy to throw out of balance. CBD can help restore the balance!
- The ECS is made of three components:
- Cannabinoid receptors in the nervous system and around your body that endocannabinoids and cannabinoids bond with
- Enzymes that help break down endocannabinoids and cannabinoids.
- Endocannabinoids are the messengers of the ECS and are produced throughout your body.
- There are two types of cannabinoid receptors in human tissues which receive the messages from the Endocannabinoids:
- CB1 – these receptors are in your central nervous system which is the brain and nerves of the spinal cord
- CB2 – these receptors are in the nerves of your extremities, your immune system and your digestive system.
- Enzymes work together to build and break down Endocannabinoids.
- The Endocannabinoid System is involved in many ways in you body including sleep, appetite, pain, mood, memory, stress and metabolism.
- Your body activates the ECS with precision so that it impacts only what it needs to. For example, if your reproductive hormones are out of whack, it will work to regulate them without altering your digestion or immune system.
- Endocannabinoids were not discovered until the 1990’s and research is ongoing to find potential treatments for numerous diseases including Alzheimer’s, Autoimmune, Cardiovascular and Chronic Pain.
- Using CBD products is the best way to regulate your ECS. Why not start a daily regimen today? https://thingscbd.com/products/highland-pharms-cbd-hemp-softgel-capsules-30-count-450mg-cbd
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.